These past two weeks I've been super busy getting ready for an Art Show that I, and several other artists, will be featured in this month! It will be at the Feather River Land Trust's visitor center, the Sierra Valley Preserve and Nature Center on road A23. The reception for the artists is on October 24th from 4-7 pm. If you live locally come and enjoy the show! (the painting above, and the painting to the right, are both my artworks!)
Cyclone Cloud
Since I was SO pressed for time, I didn't get out and hike last week. Instead, my friend Mary drove my husband and I out the Church Creek Meadows road, to see what we could see! The fall colors were just starting, but the sky was filled with gorgeous clouds and the wind was blowing! We found a small wind-protected meadow where we had our picnic lunch. As soon as we sat down a cloud show started!!! We watched one unusual cloud after another stream by for an enchanted hour!!! Each one was totally unique and amazingly beautiful! Here's a collection of photos of what we saw, with titles that were inspired by their varying forms!
Misty Snowy Mountains
Leaping Luminosity
A Trout Carrying Clouds
Double Exposure
I walked down the road a little from our picnic area, and discovered a giant meadow I thought we had never been too. So we packed up our picnic, and Mary drove us all down to the meadow, where we blissfully lingered and watched clouds for another hour! How lucky we were to witness this amazing cloud show! We drove home from there, and realized that we had been at the far north end of Howard Meadow!!! Now that was a surprise! We'll definitely be back soon!
Osprey - Pandion haliaetus
In my next blog, in two weeks from today, on Sunday, Oct. 18, I promise to give you an update on the North Yuba River, as well as the Lakes Basin!
Your questions and comments are greatly appreciated. Please email me at northyubanaturalist@gmail.com. Thanks!
%20(2).jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment