Saturday, October 26, 2019

On the Road

American Mink - Neovision vision

I'm on the road, but just wanted to share this new insight on one of my past blogs. 

This summer I identified the animals in the photo above as River Otters ("River Life" blog - July 21, 2019). Last week I received an email from another naturalist who thought they were American Minks, not River Otters. I have since really compared these photos with photos of River Otters that I had ("Fluid Beauty" blog - Sept.9, 2018) and have decided that I was incorrect. These ARE American Minks!!! Which is really exciting, because I have never seen any live American Minks. I did post a photo of a dead mink, and an accompanying article last spring ("Spring Migration" blog - April 27, 2019). Compare the photos of the two species and let me know what you think!


American Minks - Neovision vision

River Otter - Lontra canadensis


What's happening in the Lakes Basin?



Where are the Bears?



What are the Herps doing?



Check back next week for the answers to these questions and more!


If all of a sudden you haven't been getting email notices of my blog being published, just sign up again on my blog. I don't know why you got "unsubscribed". It's some kind of problem with Blogspot.com and/or FeedBurner.com. I apologize for this glitch!

Your questions and comments are greatly appreciated!
Please email me at northyubanaturalist@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment